Research Papers on Childhood Obesity
Childhood obesity is a problem in a number of countries around the world. A few may agree that the United States is the leader in having too many children being considered overweight. The problem is becoming an epidemic since there are a number of issues that need to be tackled. Various research papers may look at how this problem should be solved, while others may look at solutions that have been developed but could use a few changes. Overall, research papers help us understand the issue in a deeper capacity. Many of us just hope the problem can be solved sooner than later.
The following points are just a few areas in which childhood obesity has been researched. A few of these points may need further investigation or prove to be an area of interest for future research paper content.
- Exploring common reasons why childhood obesity is a problem. Many people feel children eat too much food, have poor diets that lack fruits and veggies, or don’t exercise enough during the day. This may be true, but each reason has other reasons behind it making the problem more complex.
- Parents may not be encouraging their children as much as they should. Meaning, some parents may not realize they are being a role model in how their child eats. Parents can set examples by eating healthy themselves or help their child learn to cut portions of certain types of foods. Aside from good eating and snacking habits, exercise and physical activity is another point of concern. Some parents may not be doing enough of this either.
- When obesity runs in the family or is related to a health condition. In some cases, children who are overweight may not be able to help themselves or it may not necessarily be their fault. Sometimes a hormonal imbalance may be to blame or certain medications may add on the pounds.
- Childhood obesity may cause other health problems making it more difficult to experience weight loss.
Children who are considered overweight may find it challenging to lose weight or keep it off if they have a health condition such as juvenile diabetes or issues with their thyroid. In such cases, parents need to help children understand their options in achieving better health. This may include consulting a dietitian or physician who specializes in treating overweight children.
Obesity topics for research paper
Obesity is a lifestyle disease that is on the rise in America and most other developed countries the world over. What makes obesity such a serious menace is the fact that it is the leading cause of tens of opportunistic fatal diseases which include hypertension, cancer, and heart failure. The overreliance on technology has reduced the mobility of children and this coupled with comfort eating has led to a new phenomenon – the upsurge of childhood obesity. This has led to the rise of children affected with diseases that were initially thought of as diseases for adults. There is therefore dire need to examine this and take some precautionary steps to curb it.
8 obesity topics for research paper writing
The following are some good obesity topics for research paper that you can use to write your term paper:
- The role of genes in childhood obesity – there is some genetic research that has sought to link obesity to genetic makeup. You could do a research paper on this to try to find out to what extent this is true and if true, to what extent to influences the weight of new born babies, toddlers as well as adults
- There is an increase in childhood obesity in America – you can take this as the main theme for your term paper. Write on why there is this increase and you can try to draw a contrast with one or two other countries that are either at per or have no childhood obesity crisis.
- The effects of obesity – research has established a number of serious health implications of childhood obesity not only on the child but also later on in life. You can do a research paper that seeks to establish this link and investigate how adults are affected as a result of their childhood overweight issues.
- Obesity prevention in children – prevention is always better than cure. You can do a study on the best mechanisms that can be employed to prevent childhood obesity
- Healthy eating – this is another interesting topic worth pursuing. Obesity is largely as a result of poor eating habits so you can do a research paper on the healthy eating options for children. Could it be that the problem of obesity is because children have very few healthy eating options today?
- Inactivity – inactivity, especially among Children is a serious challenge today. Children often prefer to play video games as opposed to going outside and playing with other kids. This somewhat leads to obesity and this would also be a great research topic on obesity
- Societal stigma – obesity is not a disability but obese children go through the same stigmatization that disabled people do. How does society stigmatize obesity and how can this be checked?
- Obesity and depression – some experts argue that there is a link between obesity and depression. This would also make for a good research topic as you seek to either validate or invalidate these assertions.
Obesity topics for research paper writing and sample thesis statements
Once you have settled on a good research topic, the next thing you want to form is a strong thesis statement. A weak statement will result in a weak paper so you want to give it your best. Here are two examples of some good thesis statements:
The impact of obesity in children:
Obesity has far-reaching ramifications as it can have a huge impact on the health and wellbeing of a child besides commutating to chronic issues in adulthood.
What causes obesity?
Obesity is largely a lifestyle disease and its two largest causes in both children and adults are poor eating habits and inactivity.
If you are looking for help in writing your research paper, you have come to the right place. Here is why:
- We have a team of highly qualified native English speaking writers
- We have unlimited revisions so you can be sure of 100% satisfaction
- We charge the best rates in the market
- We have over 5 years’ worth of experience in writing research papers and essays
We will be glad to help you with your paper. Place your order today to enjoy your first time discount or your retuning client bonus!
Ask a question